Wednesday, August 12, 2009

How to Build a Wordpress Theme & Free Snippets PDF

I've had an interest in learning how to build wordpress themes from scratch for a long time. Along the way I've picked up pieces of information, I suppose just as many of you guys have and learned how to hack my way through a wordpress theme. I even learned how to take an Xsitepro Template and turn it into a wordpress blog with the help of XsiteprotoWordpress which is a comprehensive tutorial taking you step by step through the process of turning a xsite pro template into a wordpress blog. Although there are plenty of youtube videos and other free tutorials, I find that organized compiled courses that offer a class in an ebook format and/or screen capture videos to be most helpful.

WP_200x200You can find plenty of tutorials on how to build a wordpress theme that are free by just doing a google search on "how to build awordpress theme" you'll find some old stuff and you'll find some very complicated material but if you keep at it you can learn how to build your own wordpress theme.

I found a pdf that includes all the code snippets you need for creating a wordpress theme, you might find it helpful to print this out and keep it at your side while working on your wordpress theme, here are the wp code snippets.....they're free :)

If you're really motivated and want to jump start the process I suggest the book "How to be a Rockstart Wordpress Designer", an excellent resource for anyone with some knowledge of html and css, you'll learn how to confidently and quickly how to build a wordpress theme! The book is a pdf, so you can instantly download and start learning how to create a wordpress them....I like to print out my books and bind them....I take them wherever I go!

More at:
build wordpress theme

No comments: